Tuesday, May 29, 2012

D-Day is Upon Us



I hope everyone enjoyed their extended holiday weekend. I know I sure did and all I have to show for it are some racing stripe sun burns down my arms, dehydration (not sure why, because I was drinking the whole time), and a little residual headache, which I can only assume came from my beverage of choice. With all of that out of the way, we are heading into the final few days leading up the sweetest SS shindig in Missouri.

The course will be marked for the most part on Thursday evening and barring any tampering from the locals or wildlife should stay that way for all to pre-ride Friday and Saturday morning. Thanks to all of the hard work put in by volunteers, the brush and overgrowth should be cleared back. Reports are coming in that the ground is unusually fast due to this drought.

We still have great prizes rolling in from sponsors and we here at the UFDSSC are really excited to announce that we received a sweet shipment of goodies from Trek and Bontrager as well. On a different sponsor note, we are sad to announce that Public House is no longer working with us on the brew for the event, but have no fear, the UFDSSC will not be left high and dry. There will be plenty of adult beverages supplied to be consumed before, during, and after the race.  We have taken care of the dry dilemma, as for the high part... Lets just say this is not a USAC sanctioned event and if someone asks you to piss in a cup you might want to tell them Cheech said you were good.


No comments:

Post a Comment